Saturday, November 22, 2008


I was surfing around the blogs when I happened upon the blog - The Poetic Eye - by LK Ludwig. It's been a while since I have visited LK's blog, but I will be bookmarking it to visit more regularly. She challenged her readers to post to their blog a poem, a quote or a song that spoke to them, along with an image; and then share that post on the comments at her blog. Below is my contribution. To see other contributions click here.


Hope is the thing...


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,


And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.


I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.


- Emily Dickinson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Megan for reminding us all of the simplicity and beauty in Emily Dickinson's secret drawer. Fran

Happy Wonderer said...

Emily Dickinson is a favorite of mine. I have a complete volume of her work. She, along with the works of Mary Oliver, have brought me an untold number of hours of sheer pleasure.

Vi