Saturday, June 15, 2002

For me writing is beneficial, it helps me to remember my boys, but also to heal the pain of the losses. You don't have to be able to write brilliantly or grammatically correct to express yourself. It is much about the process as it is about the end product. Whether it is something to share or something that is kept private and close to the heart, it is all important. It helps to release the feelings of pain and grief that will continue to build inside. These thoughts must be released and ho better than writing. Whether you choose to keep a journal of your experiences, write letters to the loved ones you have lost, stories or poetry.

I have chosen to share my story in the hope of helping others cope with their experience of loss. I don't profess to know all the answers. I sometimes wish I did, then perhaps I wouldn't be in this situation. All I can say is take heart - you are not alone.

No comments: