Monday, June 24, 2002

Stop to Smell the Roses
I went oustside, a number of the rose bushes are in bloom at the moment. They are beautiful and fragrant. I bent to smell the roses.
While I was inhaling their fragrance, I thought how often we are so preoccupied with trivial matters in our lives that we do not focus on what really is important. Our families, the people we love and the things we do to nurture ourselves and our creativity.

I am guilty of this myself, I have said many times that there are more important things in life than money and quibbles about insignificant matters. After the deaths of my sons. I have come to believe that life is too short for trivial pursuits. I try to make the most of every day and make sure that I tell the people I love, that I love them, everyday.

Take time to appreciate the small things in life and stop to smell the roses.

No comments: